Ramsey Barhorst, LLC, provides a full range of services to national and local lenders regarding all aspects of FHA loans for affordable housing projects. With a team of attorneys and professional staff, we are able to prepare documentation and close FHA-insured loans, accurately and efficiently.
Our attorneys can assist you in matters involving:
- FHA-insured loans for new construction and substantial rehabilitation of apartments (Section 221(d)(3) and (4), 220, 231)
- FHA-insured refinancing loans for apartments (Section 223(f) and 223(a)(7))
- Supplemental loans for multifamily projects (Section 241 of the National Housing Act)
- Applications and closings for Section 232/223(f) loans for nursing homes and assisted living facilities (LEAN)
- HUD risk mitigation requirements
- Rental assistance issues
- Secondary financing structures and FHA/Risk Share loan program
- Drafting and review of engagement letters, permanent financing commitments, rate lock agreements and related documents
Many of these transactions carry regulatory requirements that could affect the cash flow and even the viability of a project. Our lawyers have more than two decades of experience in the affordable housing field and can provide your organization with appropriate advice.
Assisting Lenders In FHA Loan Compliance Matters
Lenders that originate and service FHA loans must comply with many regulations that change on a regular basis. Ramsey Barhorst, LLC, provides advice and services regarding all aspects of FHA compliance, including FHA Eagle and MAP lender approvals, HUD disclosure forms, MBS investor agreement reviews and other matters